The DIRLER-CADE estate is located in Alsace, France in the small village of Bergholtz (approximately 1000 inhabitants), 3 km south-east of the small town of Guebwiller (11500 inhabitants).
Guebwiller is the gateway of the lovely valley of Florival which leads to the summits of the “Hautes Vosges”. We are exactly at midway (25 km) of Colmar and Mulhouse.
Settling as “gourmet” in the village of Bergholtz, Jean Dirler set the Dirler Wines in 1871 up.
This winery continues to work generation after generation. Jean, Georges, Georges, Jean-Pierre and today Jean are the 5 successive generations of wine growers.
In 1998, Jean marries Ludivine, daughter of Leon and Nicole Hell-Cadé, wine growers in Guebwiller.
From 2000 vintage, the winery took Ludivine’s parent’s plots of vines over and the estate was named Dirler-Cadé.
The family business now runs 18 hectares (43.2 acres) of vines, 42% of which are classified Saering, Spiegel, Kessler or Kitterlé Grand Cru.
The House Dirler was pioneer with the House Dopff of Riquewihr in the making of sparkling wine in the 19th Century. After stopping the production of sparkling wines during nearly 60 years, we have revived the tradition in developing Brut white Crémant d’Alsace from 2005 vintage.
A Brut rosé Crémant is even planned for 2008 vintage.
In 1998, Jean and Jean-Pierre Dirler chose to write another chapter to the history of the House, developing a Biodynamic viticulture for a better respect of the environment and the soil and an even higher quality of wines…